It’s been a few days since Matthew left and I have a lot (like a lot, a lot) of feelings about it.
Some okay, some good, a lot not so great.
Like a lot, a lot.
I figure the best thing to do is to focus on the best feeling there is: gratitude.
Here’s everything I’m grateful for right now:
- my parents’ generosity and delighting in my kids
- Jack’s cute new sneakers
- Matthew (shocking, right? I miss him)
- Ella’s imagination
- the French Open
- my dad letting Ella ride on the lawn mower with him
- this picture of Ella riding that lawn mower
- Jack warming up to my parents
- living within 15 minutes of a Chick Fil-A for the fourth house in a row
- finding my long lost “M” necklace in my purse
- Jack finally starting to like food other than bananas and bread
- my sister Olivia
- this blog– seriously, working on it has been such a source of joy and fulfillment
Happy Sunday, everybody.